Monday 26 March 2012

downton abbey: the end of second season

Matthew: Would you stay, if I ask you to? 
Mary:  Matthew, don't be mad. You know by yourself ...we ...carry more luggage.... And what about the late Mr. Pumoke? Won't he resurrect himself every time we argued?
Matthew:  No.
Mary:  You mean you've forgiven me.
Matthew:  No, I haven't forgiven you.
Mary:  Well, then?
Matthew:  I haven't forgiven you because I don't believe you need my forgiveness. You've lived your life and I've lived mine. Now it's time we lived them together.
Mary:  We've been on the edge so many times Matthew. Please don't take me there again unless you're sure.
Matthew:  I'm sure.
Mary:  And your vows to the memory of Lavinia?
Matthew:  I was wrong. I don't think she wants us to be sad. She was someone who never caused the ... of sorrow in her whole life.
Mary:  I agree.
Matthew:  And, will you...?
Mary:  You must say it properly. I won't answer unless you kneel down and everything.
Matthew:  Lady Mary Crowley, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?
Mary:  Yes.

1 comment:

  1. This is the last dialogue of the Christmas episode between Mary and Matthew.
    I need your help to complete it.
    If you know any word I've missed, please do write it.

    ReplyDelete